E-Z ON Auto Tops, LLC ® LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
NO PRODUCT REGISTRATION REQUIRED
E-Z ON AUTO TOPS (MFG) warrants each new E-Z ON/BV Series convertible top to the original owner as follows:
- If the bond between the topping material and the glass window fails and cannot be repaired, a new replacement top of the same or similar material will be made available to the first retail purchaser of the item.
FOR A PERIOD OF THREE (3) YEARS FROM THE DATE THE UNIT IS DELIVERED TO THE FIRST RETAIL PURCHASER:
- Cracking or breaking of plastic components (excluding plastic windows)
- Delamination of the deck seams
- Failure of the stitching (excluding fading)
- Delamination of the topping material
- Delamination of the bond between the topping material and the plastic window
ITEMS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY FOR ANY PERIOD:
- Rips, tears, or discoloration of the topping material and/or thread
- Seals and gaskets
- Dealer and/or purchaser installed parts and accessories
- Glass window breakage, scratching or heat grid failure
- Zippers and fasteners
- Plastic window scratching, fading, cracking, hazing or discoloring
CERTAIN CONDITIONS WILL VOID ALL WARRANT:
These conditions include:
- use for any purpose other than normal private use including rental and promotion
- altering the convertible top in any manner without written approval of the MFG
- misuse, negligence or accident
- installation of any part or accessory without written approval from the MFG
- failure to replace worn, damaged, or missing pads, straps, cables, rain rails, or other necessary components
WARRANTY LABOR REIMBURSEMENT.
The Warranty provided with the purchase of the product is limited to product replacement only and the cost of removing and replacing the defective item is the sole responsibility of the product owner. However, during the first 18 months after installation, if the original installation was done by an E-Z ON Auto Tops authorized installer, a partial reimbursement will be made to the shop installing the replacement as follows:
- maximum amount will be limited to the sum of the Standard Installation Hours multiplied by the then in effect Warranty Labor rate
- reimbursement may be in the form of equivalent value product
- payment will only be paid to the installing shop after proof of installation
- proof of original installation by an authorized shop will be required
E-Z ON Auto Tops will pay for standard ground shipping costs from our USA warehouse to the original selling distributor’s location only. Beyond Charges are not covered by the warranty. International shipping is not covered by the warranty. International warranty replacement parts will be combined and shipped to the original selling distributor’s location along with the first available regular stock order
If a part fails, the purchaser must contact the selling dealer or installer to determine if the failed part is covered under the terms of this warranty. The dealer will then contact their E-Z ON Auto Tops distributor to process the warranty. E-Z ON Auto Tops will determine if the claim is covered by this warranty and if so, will ship a replacement top to the location as specified by the distributor. The owner will be responsible to pay all or any portion of the installation cost to the installer. If it is impractical for the purchaser to return to the selling dealer, then the purchaser may contact the E-Z ON Technical Assistance Help Desk to determine warranty eligibility
CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS
This warranty is subject to certain conditions and limitations including, but not limited to, the following:
- Any part of an E-Z ON convertible top that is found to be defective under the terms of this warranty will be repaired or replaced using either new or reconditioned parts at the discretion of the MFG.
- In determining what constitutes a failure under the terms of this warranty the decision of the MFG shall be final.
- This warranty is extended to the original purchaser only and is not transferable to subsequent purchasers.
- The MFG does not accept any responsibility in connection with the installation of any of its products by its dealers or agents.
- The MFG does not undertake responsibility to any purchaser for warranty express or implied by any of its dealers, distributors or agents beyond that which is contained herein.
Without regard to an alleged defect of its products the MFG, under any circumstances, does not assume responsibility for loss of time, inconvenience, revenue, or other consequential damage including, but not limited to, expenses for telephone, food, lodging, rental vehiclest,travel, loss or damage to the vehicle the products are installed on or loss or damage to personal property of the purchaser or user of the products.